3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11934 posts
  • Other

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

Has anyone else seen the trailer?

The 3D is so bad, you can tell from a 2D trailer. On youtube.

The degree of "look at me, I'm a 3D shot" showboating is so extreme, you can tell from a 2D trailer. On youtube.

I could go on. But frankly, I'll be more than happy if it tanks: die, evil headache technology! Die!

P

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

Any movie with Milla Jovovich kicking ass is a good movie even if it IS shot in that exploitative, carney hocked, con job of a greed based medium. I'd boycott movie houses showing it in 3D!! ENOUGH people do that and the glutenous vultures that currently own the the movie industry as a tax dodge will get the message we're fed up with their gimmick at the expense of story exploitation of the masses strategy!! :angry: POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 05 September 2010 - 03:30 AM.

#3 Chris D Walker

Chris D Walker
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Other
  • Cornwall, United Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Before tonight the only Resident Evil movie I had seen at the theater was 'Apocalypse' (the first sequel - I felt violated afterward). I can't grasp why I'm going to see 'Afterlife'; it may be the same reason that I watch and enjoy movies like 'Friday the 13th' despite and because of their flaws. Those in-your-face 3D moments are what make people watch movies like this for. It doesn't make any bones about being a shameless gimmick.

It doesn't help that I don't buy Milla Jovovich as an ass-kicking lead nor her supporting cast of Ali Larter and Wentworth Miller as talented actors. I try to reserve judgement before seeing any film, but...

Having said about gimmicks, I've had a recent, small change of heart about 3D films. I feel that more can be achieved in the format than what's already been done, especially in a horror film. Most 3D films have used the effect to evoke awe and provide scale, but horror can create something different; atmosphere. I've seen two horror movies in 3D, 'Piranha' and 'My Bloody Valentine', and neither accomplished that, but if it were done right you could really scare the crap out of the audience without in-your-face trickery. Provided Guillermo Del Toro can pull off 'At the Mountains of Madness', we may get some real belters.

#4 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

It doesn't help that I don't buy Milla Jovovich as an ass-kicking lead

Bite your tongue!!

Technodolly

Tai Audio