I recently shot a TV Drama 3 part film for ITV UK in South Africa on the D21. We stripped the cameras down and shot the whole thing handheld and had a tremendous workflow - on set speed had been my initial concern but the D21 was gret. There was however one issue which I still have not had resolved.
A number of recorded (on SRW deck) scenes had a distinct yellow caste which has been impossible to successfully grade out and we have ended up going with this 'look' which is not what I planned. Most of the shoot, I as DoP, operated second camera so did not monitor every A camera shot. However on the worst of these incidents, the scene was shot single camera and I monitored, with the DIT, the camera output which looked great. On reviewing the material back in the UK we discovered the ' yellow problem ' and have not been able to get to the bottom of it.
I love the D21 and am about to embark on my first Alexa shoot - but I would like to know if anyone has a solution. Arri have not been able to answer yet but I don't think have yet been given one of the master tapes as production is only now completing.
We shot 4:4:4 log and recorded onto the SRW-1 deck
Mike Spragg DoP 'Kidnap and Ransom'
D21 Log Files
No replies to this topic