No replies to this topic

#1 Carl Fischer

Carl Fischer
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Student

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

Hey I'm doing a music video on some short ends of 5218. It's basically a lot of exterior work with a small set up inside to kind of mimic a white cyc look. Just have a roll of white photography paper and its going be pretty much mediums and close up performance shots to mix in with the rest of the video. As far as my white limbo is concerned I have some 2k scoop lights that I'll be using and than a big frontal soft light with two edge lights (prob lekos) creating 2 small hot spot edges on the face. The typical rap video style where you get that hot edge on the sides of the cheeks.

My question is I was thinking of letting those edge lights at the least go 5 stops over (incident reading). Since they are controlled and just little highlights I figure I could get away with those really burning out but I just want to make sure I'm not going to drastic where it will overall wash out the image. Also the cyc work I have done has been with the RED or HVX 35mm adaptor and I usually either have my false color or zebras on to make sure the white is blowing out white. Now that 35mm has a lot more latitude how much will I need to be to get that white to blow out? I figure if a spot reading of the material is 5 stops over I am good.

Thanks

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Opal

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post