David Yates

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hi,

I have a Nizo 801 non macro version and i have noticed on auto the aperture is always on f8 no matter what the light conditions are.
I have also noticed that the light meter needle only moves between f22 and f8.
I have checked it on manual and as I select the apertures the aperture opens and closes properly so this seems to be a problem with just the auto mode.
Has anybody else had the same thing happen with their camera or does anyone have any advise on what might be causing this.
Thanks
Dave

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

Hi,

I have a Nizo 801 non macro version and i have noticed on auto the aperture is always on f8 no matter what the light conditions are.
I have also noticed that the light meter needle only moves between f22 and f8.
I have checked it on manual and as I select the apertures the aperture opens and closes properly so this seems to be a problem with just the auto mode.
Has anybody else had the same thing happen with their camera or does anyone have any advise on what might be causing this.
Thanks
Dave

have you checked the light meter batteries? Could be that simple. Could be the auto meter is broken like you said. Either way, you are not sunk.

#3 David Yates

David Yates

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

Hi Chris thanks for the reply and advise.
When I bought my camera from Ebay the meter wasn't working at all and so I replaced the batteries for the meter and it seemed fine. It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed the auto mode wasn't selecting different apertures.
I have a Sekonic L-358 meter and I think that can meter for cine cameras and I'm just waiting on new batteries for that to arrive.
So I'm not stuck at all really but it would still be nice to use auto mode instead of checking my meter and adjusting all the time.

#4 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hi Chris thanks for the reply and advise.
When I bought my camera from Ebay the meter wasn't working at all and so I replaced the batteries for the meter and it seemed fine. It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed the auto mode wasn't selecting different apertures.
I have a Sekonic L-358 meter and I think that can meter for cine cameras and I'm just waiting on new batteries for that to arrive.
So I'm not stuck at all really but it would still be nice to use auto mode instead of checking my meter and adjusting all the time.

what kind of stock are you shooting? You should be able to guess pretty close and if you are shooting negative, you'll have loads of latitude.

#5 David Yates

David Yates

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

I have a few rolls of Kodachrome 40 and Agfa moviechrome 40 which i'm going to develop as black and white negative or positive.
I suppose super 8 is just the same as still photography film and has quite a bit of latitude for metering?
Thanks

Opal

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Technodolly