tom meyer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Hello all

Today, I had a chance to play around with an Elemack RS 2+2 dolly fitted with an Elemack Mini Jib.
While I could figure out how to lock the jib so as to inhibit the arm's up/down motion, I couldn't
figure out how to lock the arm, so that it won't rotate about the vertical axis.

Near the fulcrum, where the arm is attached to the dolly, there's a screw-in type knob that looks
like it ought to do the job - except it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the knob looks exactly like
the one used to lock the up/down motion, so I'm pretty sure it's the right knob I'm messing around
with.

This dolly is brand new and might not have been set up properly (long story). Is there anyone out there
who has experience with this type of setup? Any help appreciated.

Best,
Tom Meyer

PS: I tried locating a user manual from the Elemack site. Sadly, there is no such document available.

#2 Sanjay Sami

Sanjay Sami
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Grip
  • Anywhere they pay me to go

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hello all

Today, I had a chance to play around with an Elemack RS 2+2 dolly fitted with an Elemack Mini Jib.
While I could figure out how to lock the jib so as to inhibit the arm's up/down motion, I couldn't
figure out how to lock the arm, so that it won't rotate about the vertical axis.

Near the fulcrum, where the arm is attached to the dolly, there's a screw-in type knob that looks
like it ought to do the job - except it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the knob looks exactly like
the one used to lock the up/down motion, so I'm pretty sure it's the right knob I'm messing around
with.

This dolly is brand new and might not have been set up properly (long story). Is there anyone out there
who has experience with this type of setup? Any help appreciated.

Best,
Tom Meyer

PS: I tried locating a user manual from the Elemack site. Sadly, there is no such document available.

I had no idea you could buy a new Elemack dolly !! I am amazed. I last saw one 17 years ago.

Willys Widgets

Opal

The Slider

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Metropolis Post