LiamA

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

hey all

some of my "industry" vocabulary is pretty poor. please correct me if you know the names of the items i'm trying to describe.

i'm looking in to purchasing some new equipment. i'm in the process of purchasing a canon 7d and i'm purchasing a shoulder rig and matte box with it. fortunately the shoulder rig can already accommodate 15mm iris rods, so the need for a bridge plate isn't necessary. i'm wondering what adapter plate i need to attach a bridge plate (for the iris rods) to a small traditional touch and go plate on a tripod (the one with the twist-screw to attach the camera and the additional locking pin that is in front of it. like this - http://www.bhphotovi...items/78922.jpg). i understand this isn't the most ideal rig, but right now i cannot afford an additional tripod that has a more traditional quick release plate on it. maybe bridge plates are already able to accommodate this type of touch and go plate, but for some reason i believe it would cause me issues trying to affix my camera to the top of the bridge plate. if any of you understand what i mean can someone point me in the right direction? i am using b&h photo if you are going to post links.

many thanks.

CineLab

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC