Marcus Joseph
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

On Whether The Dark Knight Rises Would Be Shot Entirely in IMAX:

Pfister said he and Nolan hope to shoot much of the new Batman film, "The Dark Knight Rises," for IMAX -- as they did for sporadic parts in "The Dark Knight." But they won't shoot the entire film for IMAX, he said, citing cost and the inability to capture sound as just two of the impediments.

On 3D:

"I'm not a big fan of 3D, I think one of the biggest problems for Chris, and I would second this, in doing a film in 3D is it has to be shot in a video process, and we're film people to the end. You'll have to pry that film camera out of my dead hands, Chris wasn't interested in doing post-effect on the film in 3D."

"The so-called digital revolution is great. If you have no money and you want to shoot it on your Canon 5D -- fantastic. If that's the only way you can make the movie, great. But if we're putting movies up on a screen this size … we need to deliver the best image quality there. And there's nothing better than film."

On Filming in New Orleans:

He brushed off online speculation that the film would shoot in New Orleans.

http://www.comicbook...k/news/?a=25184

#2 Vincent Sweeney

Vincent Sweeney
  • Sustaining Members
  • 686 posts
  • Director
  • LA at the moment.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

So many others have a similar opinion and outlook on making narrative films but don't speak up or care to talk about it. It's refreshing to see Wally bothering to say something and taking a stand on their uncompromising process.

#3 Marcus Joseph

Marcus Joseph
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

So many others have a similar opinion and outlook on making narrative films but don't speak up or care to talk about it. It's refreshing to see Wally bothering to say something and taking a stand on their uncompromising process.

The pondering question is whether or not digital will ever surpass film in terms of quality? We've already seen significant advancements over the past 5-10 years of digital cinematography. I'm sure it'll definitely improve in its overall production value and the benefits of it all will make more innovative things happen. Some directors like Fincher have taken great advantage of it in most recent history.

It'll certainly be fascinating to see, but 3D in my opinion seems not yet at the point where it makes a significant difference to the viewer. And films like Avatar just looked great regardless of the 3D, from the heavily detailed CGI. It was almost a trick that every film producer fell for. It was slightly more immersive, but not enough to make every blockbuster that way.

#4 Joseph Arch

Joseph Arch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Director

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

Finally. Someone spoke up. Film has a century head start.

Visual Products

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post