#1 Alan Brown

Alan Brown
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Student
  • London

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

This is a continuation of the iphone app thread below but I thought the following deserved its own thread.

I recieved the following email from Chemical Weddings Nic Sadler, the developer of the Toland app:

"Alan,

I was hesitant to add Super 8 to Toland. I thought there wouldn't be any demand for it. It's not especially difficult to add. I just need to compile the database of relevant information to make it work. If you would like to help to achieve that, let me know. I don't have any access to Super 8mm gear and my knowledge is pretty limited with regard that format. Let's start by establishing a list of Super 8 cameras and lenses you'd like us to cover. Once we have the data, I think it's possible to include the format.

All the best

Nic Sadler"

I know Toland isn't free (and is somewhat expensive for an iphone app) but it would be a great app if it supported Super 8 so I replied Nic Sadler with the following message:

"Thanks for the reply Nic.

I think, with your approval, this would be a good topic to post on the Super8 forum at cinematography.com. Maybe the Super 8 enthusiasts on the site would be happy to pool their knowledge and contribute to the project. Let me know if this would be acceptable to you.

Regards

Alan"

The question is, do you guys think it would be worthwhile compiling a Super 8 database for the Toland app?

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Willys Widgets

CineLab

FJS International, LLC