2 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Hinkle

Ted Hinkle
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

I'm interested in getting one of those Nikon F to C-mount adapters so I can use Nikon lenses on my beaulieu 4008 ZM II. I do realize there's a big difference in the field of view (no worries I'm not bringing that one up again) I've noticed on ebay some AI'd or AIS lenses say they will fit on older f mount cameras. Will they fit on a nikon f to c-mount adapter. If not is there a different adapter... like a AIS to c-mount? Couldn't find any answers to this when I searched and I want to make sure before I purchase anything. Thanks!

#2 Mark Dunn

Mark Dunn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts
  • Other
  • London

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

AI and AIS are really mechanical auto-exposure linkages. They're ignored by the adapter, so any F-mount will fit. The exposure will, of course, revert to manual.

#3 Andries Molenaar

Andries Molenaar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Amsterdam

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

I'm interested in getting one of those Nikon F to C-mount adapters so I can use Nikon lenses on my beaulieu 4008 ZM II. I do realize there's a big difference in the field of view (no worries I'm not bringing that one up again) I've noticed on ebay some AI'd or AIS lenses say they will fit on older f mount cameras. Will they fit on a nikon f to c-mount adapter. If not is there a different adapter... like a AIS to c-mount? Couldn't find any answers to this when I searched and I want to make sure before I purchase anything. Thanks!

The AI factor doesn't play. More important is to have lenses which have an aperture ring. The modern G types and later don't have this ring. So you cannot set the aperture.
Important is to have an adapter which as an easy to use lever or remote control inlet to open/close the aperture when you are ready shoot.
The original Nikon F-C adapter is by far finest :)

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post