fabian gebbert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Other
  • Germany, Hamburg

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hi Folks.

I liked the 64T a lot. I am planning to do an Indoor Film project this month. I have some 500T Vision 3 Super8 and some 100D as well as an Nizo 6080 along other nizos (900).

i have some experience with the 500T indoors. but none with the 100D. there are 3 1000K watt lamps in my equipment as well.

Please can someone give me some advice how i can get the best result with the 100D indoors?

i dont want to use a filter because then it would be ASA 25 and that is too dark. does anyone have some footage of 100D indoors with artificial light? didnt found something online.

Thank you and kind regards!

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi Folks.

I liked the 64T a lot. I am planning to do an Indoor Film project this month. I have some 500T Vision 3 Super8 and some 100D as well as an Nizo 6080 along other nizos (900).

i have some experience with the 500T indoors. but none with the 100D. there are 3 1000K watt lamps in my equipment as well.

Please can someone give me some advice how i can get the best result with the 100D indoors?

i dont want to use a filter because then it would be ASA 25 and that is too dark. does anyone have some footage of 100D indoors with artificial light? didnt found something online.

Thank you and kind regards!

The simplest thing to do is to use daylight balanced lights, like daylight balanced fluorescents. Those 1k lights you have, are they tungsten? If so, gel them with CTB.

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

This isn't footage, per say, but was shot with Kodak Elite Chrome, 400D, I believe, it's been awhile, under 2800K Incandescent lighting, might help:

http://picasaweb.goo...son238/Bohemia#

of course, this was also 35mm on my Nikon F4 with a Nikkor 50mm F1.4 lens.

#4 John Woods

John Woods
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Electrician

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

If you're planning to get this film finished digitally then why don't you shoot with tungsten light and shoot a chart for your first shot. Correct the colour to this chart on the computer and use those colour settings on the rest of the footage.

#5 fabian gebbert

fabian gebbert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Other
  • Germany, Hamburg

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

If you're planning to get this film finished digitally then why don't you shoot with tungsten light and shoot a chart for your first shot. Correct the colour to this chart on the computer and use those colour settings on the rest of the footage.

ok, if that is everything i have to do, will do so :)
there will be a professional telecine and a digital cut, so we could correct it there. i just was unsure if the colours could be corrected, or if they are completely green / yellow or something.

the light colour of the lamps is 3400 K

Edited by fabian gebbert, 06 January 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#6 Gareth Blackstock

Gareth Blackstock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Other
  • Ararat, Victoria Australia

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

I have shot a little 100d using tungsten lights, and the colours were great! I was happy with the warmth of the footage, I imagine others might prefer the colour correction, but i was very happy with how the format performed. I have added a link to some stills from the 100d footage I shot, a few are under lighting

http://mishpics.yola...m/eves-song.php

cheers

#7 Carl Looper

Carl Looper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1425 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

However keep in mind that you can get much better colour definition if you get the full range of colours in the first place. I found daylight balanced flouro light bulbs at the corner shop for six bucks.

A veteren filmmaker (70+) acting in one of my films once said to me: Carl - you keep saying you'll fix it in post. But why not fix it now.

Carl

#8 fabian gebbert

fabian gebbert
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Other
  • Germany, Hamburg

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:17 AM

However keep in mind that you can get much better colour definition if you get the full range of colours in the first place. I found daylight balanced flouro light bulbs at the corner shop for six bucks.

A veteren filmmaker (70+) acting in one of my films once said to me: Carl - you keep saying you'll fix it in post. But why not fix it now.

Carl

he is right. but in this case i have to work with what i got. where i live its not so easy to get a daylight lamp. afaik. also i think this kind of colors would suit quite well for the short.

thank you guys for the help!

Edited by fabian gebbert, 11 January 2011 - 05:17 AM.

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape