#1 Thom Stitt

Thom Stitt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Other
  • Vancouver

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

Been a long time since I've been in the filmmaking saddle! A couple months ago I bought myself a T2i because it was high time I started shooting SOMETHING. The result has been a couple of short mini-docs, you can consider them "mood" documentaries. I've found myself passionately pursuing these lately, going out and seizing striking images and then discovering the themes and stories in the massive amounts of footage. Would love to get some fellow cinematographer eyes on these:

"The Neon Bonfire" - a short film essentially chronicling the life story of Granville Street in Vancouver - birth, life, and death, over and over, every weekend.

"Snow Night" was my first exercise and attempt at doing something like this, a sort of mood doc with a personal voice. It was done within 24 hours - shot one night and edited the following day, and it's only 2 and a half minutes:

Hope you guys enjoy them (particularly Neon, as it's by far the more ambitious of the two). I'm still working on more of these, each one a unique theme, and I'm hoping to be able to put one out every couple of weeks and keep that up for a while until I have something like a mood-portrait of Vancouver.

Edited by Thom Stitt, 02 February 2011 - 12:02 AM.

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks