3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Clunie

Andrew Clunie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hey all. I made a showreel and seeing as i love cinematography, I thought it would be nice to get some feedback from you guys. 99.9% was shot on a hv30...some with an SGpro. Comments welcome!

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

Andrew, honestly, for me the really shaky camera work in the beginning went on for far too long and got really distracting/boring. You need more variety, the light leaks at end of each shot are distracting and add nothing. I think you also need more stuff in there which is actually "lit," as opposed to just natural (e.g. exterior).

#3 Andrew Clunie

Andrew Clunie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Andrew, honestly, for me the really shaky camera work in the beginning went on for far too long and got really distracting/boring. You need more variety, the light leaks at end of each shot are distracting and add nothing. I think you also need more stuff in there which is actually "lit," as opposed to just natural (e.g. exterior).

Thanks. The shaky shots were down to me travelling and not having a tripod, but i agree. the light leaks...i personally like them but I guess I overdo them :P. And more lit stuff I agree with, i'm just starting out so hopefully I'll have more opportunities in the future. Thanks for the feedback, sorry you didn't like it :)

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

It's not that I didn't like it, please don't take offense, just my opinion. The shots themselves are very nice, and in isolation they'd be great, but it's just too much of the same for one reel, ya know? It's s'ok I suffer from similar problems when I cut my reel too!

CineTape

CineLab

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC