Justin Ciminero

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other
  • Ohio

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

I bought the MCE-17b motor and BXE-17a voltage regulator for my Bolex REX-5. However, I don't know how to feed power into the voltage regulator. I have the power cord but I dont know what it plugs into. It has two prongs; one with a groove allowing a secure/release function. I've been looking for a battery or an adaptor that matches this cord. Any help would be great. Below are two links, one being the motor & regulator setup; the other being a close up of the power cord prongs.

http://www.facebook....66b&id=53705417

http://www.facebook....1e6&id=53705417

#2 Dom Jaeger

Dom Jaeger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Other
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

Easiest thing would be to just re-terminate the cable with whatever plug fits the battery pack you get.

#3 Michael Buchmann

Michael Buchmann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Germany

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi,
Thats the original solution:

Posted Image

The battery case MOBBE holds up tp 6 batteries 4R25. They can be
configured in different way to give voltages for either H16
or H8 cameras. The plug for your cable is on that box.

Michael

#4 Justin Ciminero

Justin Ciminero

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other
  • Ohio

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I've encountered a new problem! Please help.

I modified the wires to run on power sonic batteries. I managed to get the Uni-B motor to work when its directly hooked to the batteries. However when I try to run the voltage regulator through the batteries, it begins to smoke. I already burned out two voltage regulators. The uni-motor says it needs "24 Volts" to run at 24 FPS and the voltage regulator says "50 Volt DC max". Im using two 12 Volt 9 Amp/hr batteries. I was told Amps will give me longer battery life; not effecting how much power flows in at once. Why are these regulators burning out?

If anyone has a manual on these regualtors, please post some scans. I'm all out of ideas. Thanks.

#5 Chris Millar

Chris Millar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1642 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Might seem like a stupid question but are you putting the batteries in series or parallel ?

When you say "I was told Amps will give me longer battery life" it sugests parallel ...

#6 Dom Jaeger

Dom Jaeger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Other
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I don't have the manual, but as far as I know you don't really need the regulator unless you need to power a magazine motor as well. Your two 12V batteries wired in series will give out 24V which is what you need for 24 fps.

I don't know why your regulators are burning out. The obvious cause would be reverse polarity, so are you sure you're feeding the battery voltage in correctly?

Can you post a photo of your set-up?

#7 steve waschka

steve waschka
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

the right side pin on the input jack of the regulator is positive. the regulators purpose is to allow a single higher voltage input allowing for multiple film speeds on demand as controlled by the dial on the side of the regulator (turn the speed control on the camera body to max)while providing a different yet appropriate voltage to the mag take-up motor. the drive motor has or once had a decal on the side prescribing what current is closest to the film speed you wish if to run direct power to the motor only. however if the voltage is too high above the selected filming speed on the camera body the motors clutch works overtime.

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam