No replies to this topic

#1 john spader

john spader
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Producer

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

hey y'all, just introducing myself. I didn't see an introduction prompt or forum so..

I've been a director/producer and 3D Animator (Maya) for churches and tv for almost a decade. I've pretty much peaked out and am moving
on to new things, movie-making!!!

I know the ropes pretty well. I prefer to the RED one camera if I can. if not, I've been impressed with the new Panasonic AF100
as a backup plan.
I have a collection of canon FD lenses (around 30) so anything I can click an FD into, I'm happy! lol

My favorite genre of films are usually in drama.
I can do 3D animation work and mostly enjoy but its very tedious. my heart is really behind the story, camera and film making.

Oddly, as a 3D animator, I usually dislike about every CG-driven movie out there except for a few, typically because the stories are so
shallow. I'll take good drama with interesting characters and a thought-provoking plot/ending any day of the week and twice on sunday.

I joined this forum back in 2005 and have had a couple emails with y'all, I remember David Mullen being very helpful, along with others.
well, its been a few years since a came here and so my email, username, password has all been different so I just created a new account.

Good to be back! And keep up the good work, I'm seeing some cool stuff in here! 8-)

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC