Rafael Moraes

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Director

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys,
I have a challenge to overcome this weekend. I need to re-create a seamless white environment out of a regular bedroom wall.
It is quite an indie/amateur production but we want to achieve the idea of "limbo" or imagination in this restricted space.
We only have a 16feetX6feet wall, and are focusing on close-ups and tight mediums on single talents. So no full bodies.
The light kit are two 650w (tweenies) fresnels at most. maybe we can get a 1k baby and a 250w inkie.
I don't want any hard shadows or hot spots on the wall, best if no shadows at all.
Im taking all kind of advices: light position, blocking/frame restrictions, minimum distance talent X wall or any hardware/appliance materials I can easily buy in like home depot!
Thanks!

#2 Matt Dennie

Matt Dennie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

I would suggest at least 2, 1K diffused lights on both sides of your subjects. Keep the people away from the wall and open up your aperture. I used to do these kind of shots in a photo class. We lit the background separately with 2 lights coming in at angles to take care of the inverse square stuff, and lit a 1:1 ratio on the subject with a large diffuser. The out of focus background helps clean up those dirty walls. Pulling this off with 2 lights would be a challenge.

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Visual Products