New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Student
  • Virginia, United States

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hey Guys,

I've been looking at some websites recently to try and find a new camera. I have some money, but I want to know is it better to get a camera that has all the bits and pieces with HD and what ever. Or is it better to get the smaller camera that is okay to use but not the real heavy set kind of camera.

I know I'm 15, and starting my own company like this does seem really ridiculous. I've gotten responeses from many people saying that it will never grow. I just want to show them that this could be a great thing for teenagers.

Please send Feedback to me I really want to find out.

D.Kroell
Founder and CEO.
DYK Productions

#2 Michael Kubaszak

Michael Kubaszak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Chicago

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:58 AM

http://www.cinematog...tion=boardrules

#3 Cristian Carceller

Cristian Carceller
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, California

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Im fifteen also and i have a the canon rebel t2i with a rod support and the D|Focus follow focus V3. I love the thing and it gives me a really great feel. I just started with the t2i with the kit lens and a 50mm 1.8. After a while shooting you can notice the things you need and I knew that i needed a follow focus and a set of ND filters for outside shooting. For Nd, a great thing is a NDfader. It has variable stops so you dont have to waste money and time switching them out. So yeah, in camera's the t2i, and 60d are good.I like the 60d cuz of its flip out screen which the t2i doesnt. They have 18 megapixels and shoots full hd in 24 and 60 frames per second for slow motion. DSLRS take time to get used , especially for young ones like us. But after you learn it, its just great to shoot with! Its also cool because there are loads of things on the internet about these new dslrs that you can check out and learn from. On youtube there is Jared Abrahms cinema5d which takes you on set with dslrs and new gear for these cameras. Tony reale has a series on youtube called HDSLR 101 which is free and you can also purchase for a sooner arrival. It teaches you the basics of what you need and how to set up your camera. Than you can also watch interviews with great Dp's that shoot on DSLR's like shane hurlbut, Philip Bloom and Rodney charters.

But if for some reason DSLRs are not what your looking for, the canon HV(20)(30) series look good and cheap. But i think they take tape which can be a pain at times.
GOODLUCK ON YOUR CHOICE!

#4 jay singh

jay singh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey Guys,

Or is it better to get the smaller camera that is okay to use but not the real heavy set kind of camera.

Hello
Instead of buying big camera you buy Canon 5D or 7D camera. It has given a wonderful image quality. I suggest any good film maker with less budget can rely on this small camera to make good movie. Movie demands good script, not the tools like camera and lights.
good luck

#5 David A Smith

David A Smith

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hey Guys,

I've been looking at some websites recently to try and find a new camera. I have some money, but I want to know is it better to get a camera that has all the bits and pieces with HD and what ever. Or is it better to get the smaller camera that is okay to use but not the real heavy set kind of camera.

I know I'm 15, and starting my own company like this does seem really ridiculous. I've gotten responeses from many people saying that it will never grow. I just want to show them that this could be a great thing for teenagers.

Please send Feedback to me I really want to find out.

D.Kroell
Founder and CEO.
DYK Productions

#6 David Kroell

David Kroell

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Student
  • Virginia, United States

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:42 AM