#1 Lozza Brixton

Lozza Brixton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

I'm looking for a good video camera to record videos for yotube of people singing and interviews with people. I recently purchased a Panasonic HDC-SD60 after reading many reviews only to find that it didn't have an external mic input. So, I want to sell it and I will get £250-300 and buy another camera that does have external mic input. Ideally, it should cost around £300 but I'm willing to take suggestions for cameras that are a bit more expensive.

Thanks for your help,
Lozza.

#2 Lozza Brixton

Lozza Brixton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

Anybody?

#3 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'm looking for a good video camera to record videos for yotube of people singing and interviews with people. I recently purchased a Panasonic HDC-SD60 after reading many reviews only to find that it didn't have an external mic input. So, I want to sell it and I will get £250-300 and buy another camera that does have external mic input. Ideally, it should cost around £300 but I'm willing to take suggestions for cameras that are a bit more expensive.

Thanks for your help,
Lozza.

If it's for the internet, the cheapest camera you can find will do just fine. Why pay for quality images and sound when you don't need them? My suggestion is to check Ebay or the Classified ads to find the cheapest camera you can get then save the rest of your money for when you NEED a quality camera.

I'll also suggest that you go to this site: http://realfilmcaree....php?topic=55.0 and scroll down to "Equipment/Filmmaking Procedures" as this type of question has been asked many times. You'll also find similar answers over at filmmaking.net.

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

CineLab

Abel Cine

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS