Samuel Stewart

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Student

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hi guys,
So recently I short ended some fuji vivid 160t and shot some SLR stills on the stuff, doing a variety of tests. I now want to get it scanned. Because of the size of the negative being closer to that of vista vision I need to get it scanned somewhere that can handle it. I have decided to use Hasselblad's X5 scanner and wondered if anyone knew what I should set it to to the equivalent of a 10-bit log scan? What contrast settings on the X5 scanner are equivalent to a 10-bit log scan on say a spirit 2k?

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi guys,
So recently I short ended some fuji vivid 160t and shot some SLR stills on the stuff, doing a variety of tests. I now want to get it scanned. Because of the size of the negative being closer to that of vista vision I need to get it scanned somewhere that can handle it. I have decided to use Hasselblad's X5 scanner and wondered if anyone knew what I should set it to to the equivalent of a 10-bit log scan? What contrast settings on the X5 scanner are equivalent to a 10-bit log scan on say a spirit 2k?

that scanner is a drum scanner no? It's standard triple or quadruple pass scan should give you a 16-bit image that will all the density from the film frame output as a tiff usually. I am guessing, but it probably will be better than a spirit. If you go to a pro lab, their scanner hooked up to the mini lab can give you a good "daily" image that might do for you at a fraction of the price.

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

CineTape

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC