#1 Royan jon

Royan jon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

I am a student will do a task, shoting using fuji s16 mm (1.66:1) EI Eterna 500T with 1 push processing (big grains) and 5D Mark II (1920x1080p) with a clean image.S16mm will be used in setting the slum area, while the 5D Mark II will be used in urban areas and rich people's homes. telecine with 2k resolution, aspectratio of 166:1 .. What things to be aware of this? if any mistakes please in correct me.thanks.

-Roy.

#2 Javon McGriff

Javon McGriff

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director
  • Costa Mesa, CA

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

I am a student will do a task, shoting using fuji s16 mm (1.66:1) EI Eterna 500T with 1 push processing (big grains) and 5D Mark II (1920x1080p) with a clean image.S16mm will be used in setting the slum area, while the 5D Mark II will be used in urban areas and rich people's homes. telecine with 2k resolution, aspectratio of 166:1 .. What things to be aware of this? if any mistakes please in correct me.thanks.

-Roy.

Hey, I was wondering where you were located and if you had a reel or any videos I could take a look at?

#3 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

-Roy.

The Super-16 camera and the 5DII have radically different depths of field. Not a fatal problem but keep it in mind when designing shots.

#4 Royan jon

Royan jon

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

The Super-16 camera and the 5DII have radically different depths of field. Not a fatal problem but keep it in mind when designing shots.

thx Mr. smith. but how to apply the 5D II aspect ratio (1.78:1 to 1.66:1) I still do not understand about this?

#5 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

thx Mr. smith. but how to apply the 5D II aspect ratio (1.78:1 to 1.66:1) I still do not understand about this?

Protect for 1.78 when shooting S16 (Don't use the extreme top and bottom of the frame) and change it to 1.78 in post. Ask your editor about that.

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Metropolis Post

Visual Products