#1 Tyler Skrabek

Tyler Skrabek

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hey i am a first year University student at the University of Lethbridge and possibly going to go into a career in film. We have had several smaller projects but this year’s final was a documentary. I and three others decided we would do a documentary on a friend who is a video game collector. Keep in mind that this is a first year University project and with that i would enjoy to see any critiques you have to offer.

Konrad Hellwig, a gaming collector, shares his collection and gaming experiences with us during this 6 minute interview. He has been collecting new and old video games for 8 years and has accumulated over 1000 separate games spanning several consoles.
I would like to thank Konrad for giving us this opportunity to peer into the life of a game collector.
This interview was made for the documentary project in New Media 2030 at the University of Lethbridge

Edited by Tyler Skrabek, 15 April 2011 - 01:07 AM.

#2 Lance Tang

Lance Tang
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Student

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

It's very interesting, I'd like to have more visuals though. Pretty much the majority of the doc you had him sitting down or you were showing images of his games.

#3 Sam Koopman

Sam Koopman

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Student
  • Vancouver, BC

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:29 AM

Hey I'm a first year film student as well, I thought that was a pretty good doc. Like Lance said, maybe a little more exciting and creative b-roll would have been good but I'm sure that's not as easy as it seems especially with this topic. A couple shots almost looked out of focus and there seemed to be a slight ghost effect on the motion. Enjoyed it.

#4 Paul Tackett

Paul Tackett
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

The high angle shot of his interview was undesirable. It would have looked better if you got down lower and looked up at him. The goal in cinema is to make the characters larger than life. Even in a documentary this would be helpful. I really like the title, it's very clever.

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc