1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Tounian

Mike Tounian
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Student

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi folks, I am looking for some info on costs of 16mm for a student project (both processing and telecine), and was hoping some of the forum members have had recent experience with either Technicolor or Fotokem. I don't need exact quote figures, just ballpark on current prices if anyone has them, for filling out a budget.

I've only worked with 35mm and Deluxe, so I am chiefly looking for price-per-foot processing costs and average telecine experiences. Does it take roughly the same time and cost roughly the same amount to telecine a project of the same time length shot on 35mm?

Thank you for the help!

Mike

#2 Anand Modi

Anand Modi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Student

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'd say .10-.13/foot for normal processing, .03-.05/foot for telecine prep (though some houses will waive this if you do processing and transfer with them), and $250-$350/hr (plus the cost of tape stock) for telecine to HDCAM/SR, budgeting anywhere from 2-4 hours of telecine time for every hour of runtime, depending on the amount of attention it needs/how much attention you ask the operator to give your footage.

I'm pretty sure the rate structures are the same for S16 and 35, it's just that you get roughly twice the runtime per foot on S16.

hope that helps.

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

The Slider

Opal

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc