Photo

HELP! Canon Auto Zoom 814 Elect. Disassembly (repair)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gabriel Zichy

Gabriel Zichy

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys
I'm new here, came looking for some help and ended up also reading a lot of cool stuff too!

The thing is this.. I got a Canon Auto zoom 814 electronic from my grand mom's house a couple of days ago. The things is in mint condition exept for a battery left in the battery compartment for the last... forever. The darned thing bleeded out and sulphated the whole compartment on one side. I think the camera is fine except for that, and I'm looking to clean it up.
To do so I must remove a screw that I can see but can't access unless I unmount a piece of the exterior. I've been trying to disassemble the thing but can't get past a dozen screws and a couple of knobs and exterior pieces.
I have already removed the 6 screws from the tripod area and the other 4 under the film compartment.. a couple here and there... but no luck!

Any one knows how to procced??? Thank you!

#2 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys
I'm new here, came looking for some help and ended up also reading a lot of cool stuff too!

The thing is this.. I got a Canon Auto zoom 814 electronic from my grand mom's house a couple of days ago. The things is in mint condition exept for a battery left in the battery compartment for the last... forever. The darned thing bleeded out and sulphated the whole compartment on one side. I think the camera is fine except for that, and I'm looking to clean it up.
To do so I must remove a screw that I can see but can't access unless I unmount a piece of the exterior. I've been trying to disassemble the thing but can't get past a dozen screws and a couple of knobs and exterior pieces.
I have already removed the 6 screws from the tripod area and the other 4 under the film compartment.. a couple here and there... but no luck!

Any one knows how to procced??? Thank you!

This website might help you:

http://canon-s8-repa...rip-removal.php

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

Paralinx LLC

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio