#1 chino corpus

chino corpus

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Hi there! I'm planning to buy a sony nex fs-100 but when i check it on sony professional i found out that it shoots only on 25p and 50p. So it's like pal? I hoping that they have a 24p and a 60p. Or it can be converted anyway its h.264? what it my country broadcast using ntsc? can you please help me out. I'm confused. Also, what other prosumer cameras do you think will last for the next 3 or 4 year. I've check the af100 but its sensor is 4/3. what other cameras do you recommend? in the sony nex fs 100. they say that its lens is interchangeable. I want to use a zeiss lens on it. is it possible or do i have to put a pl mount or something?

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5070 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:02 AM

You can't actaully buy the FS100 at the moment, although some people have had been lent pre-production cameras for testing. There are different frame rates depending on where you buy the camera, in the US you can get 24p & 60p. You can obtain adapters for a wide range of lens mounts.

I expect Sony are planning the camera to last at least 2 years, if you attach an external recorder onto the camera you should have something that should last longer in the codec stakes.

Other options depend on the sensor size you're looking for, the FS100 & AF100 are the only large sensor video cameras (apart from DSLRs) in this price range, the F3 is more expensive.

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC