#1 Elias Luna

Elias Luna
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Student
  • Bronx, NY

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

*I posted this in the students section but I figured it would get more attention here and maybe more answers*

What's up people, I have a shoot coming up (short music video) and sort of feel underprepared. I have a Canon 60d and know how to shoot with it and all the basics and intermediate stuff, however in looking for tips and techniques on various websites including this one, digital cinematography seems to be even more technical than shooting film (I'm probably wrong but that's my impression). In having watched Cinematography Style over and over one thing that always stuck with me was Larry Bridges when he said, "I think cinematography hasn't changed but it might require a new cinematographer, one who's versed in digital technology and fearless and able to assert the view, the vision as the cinematographer has traditionally done on set," It seems to me that's very much true. I really want to know the ins and outs of shooting with my own camera and digital in general. Are there any books or websites anyone could recommend that would really help me out and go in depth when it comes to shooting digital? Thanks in advance.

#2 Otis Grapsas

Otis Grapsas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Digital Image Technician
  • Athens, Greece

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

http://www.cinematog...p?showforum=107

Also on the main page of the forum, forums on all cinematography realted subjects, it really IS a cinematography forum:)

http://www.cinematog...hp?showforum=35

#3 Elias Luna

Elias Luna
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Student
  • Bronx, NY

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

haha I should probably search a little more before I go off and post a topic with some really obvious answers lol Thanks

Cool Lights

K5600 Lighting

Cadrage Directors Viewfinder

Aerial Filmworks

Robert Starling

Ritter Battery

Zylight

Pro 8mm

CineTape

Glidecam

Cinelicious

Visual Products