Aaron Francis Farrugia
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Hey

My name is Aaron... im a 2nd AC from australia, ive worked on many various films, documentaries, tv series, music videos and commercials over the last 5 years ive been active on various formats from Film to Digital heck over the years ive been lucky enough to witness the shift from film to digital in production and the role of a 2nd AC or clapper loader on some shoots to Clapper Data wrangler no longer going to the darkroom but to a computer to download footage...

some of my credits can be seen here:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2529839/

im also represented by Freelancers, a melbourne film crew agent

Ive been working very regularly now, im starting to feel established as a 2nd AC here
but recently ive been considering moving to LA just to be closer to my family, but worry about starting work in film over there....
i feel like ive worked so hard to get to where i am over here but wanted some honest advice about how a 2nd AC from australia moving over there is viewed, as im unsure how far my australian credits will go in LA and i realize i may have to start again, and wonder if this is the case, which part of me doesnt mind as i know that the systems employed by ACs over in the US differ from australian ACs..

just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction or if you could let me know of reputable Crew agents over that i might have a chat with
and first and foremost how achievable it is for me to build a new career in the US

cheers

Aaron

Edited by Aaron Francis Farrugia, 22 May 2011 - 11:38 PM.

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Opal

Aerial Filmworks