hans gruber

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

hi,

i have to light a room, so that it seems to be pretty darkt , also it has a lot of lamps in it and i dont want to lose details in the shadows… so i dont want to creat some noir stuff but more
pictures like the so called neo noir of dark city or matrix. i attache some moods for you.

i've got 5x650w arri, 3x 100w dedo, some 60-200w tungston bulbs a 200 watt chinese ball,and a lot of stuff to bounce.

the first picture is a picture of a part from my set without setting the light. the rest are moods

Attached Images

• Bild 27a.jpg
  • Bild 28.jpg

#2 Benjamin Davis

Benjamin Davis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Student

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

Obtaining a "dark mood" takes into consideration three things: Your lighting, your production design, and your script. Even if you have incredibly low lighting around the room, if your walls are bright pink the mood won't feel very "dark." From the looks of your set in the screen shot, it would appear you have some fairly flexible colors for your production's color palette. The only thing is, I can't tell you a specific way of lighting your set because there are so many variations as to what you could do. Also, if you could upload more pictures of your set, that would help a lot! You can try using a couple lamps in the background to create a dark ambient light, and use the china ball to act as a fill in certain shots, but try to avoid making the image too flat or else the image may appear less dramatic and dark. I hope this helps.

#3 hans gruber

hans gruber

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

hello, thanks so far!

my idea was to bounce some arris against some white panels to make a soft dark fill for the room, so i wont have loss in the dark areas and use the 100 bulbs as keys in the background. the chineese balls as fill for the actors and 2 arri sobos into the profil as keys, but than i'd nothing to use as rim lights =/

next weekend im gonna try some lights at the set, if it doesnt work i can post some new pictures!

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

CineLab

Visual Products

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc