1 reply to this topic

#1 Patrick Cooper

Patrick Cooper
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Ive just received a very clean looking Canon Reflex Zoom 8 from eBay. In the regular running mode, an inserted cable release works just fine. However, when I switch to the single frame mode, nothing happens when I depress the shutter release. Is this normal? The single frame mode does work without a cable release but that defeats the whole purpose of 'vibration-free' shooting.

Actually, come to think of it, I had a similar issue with my Krasnogorsk 3 16mm camera. A cable release would work fine when inserted into the main socket at the front (for regular filming.) Insert that same cable release into the rear socket (for single frame shooting) and nothing would happen.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled as to how to operate the light meter. All the asa settings etc are behind glass so I can't access them. I think this might be the model that has a selenium meter.

#2 Dom Jaeger

Dom Jaeger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Other
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

With the 1-R switch above the release set to 1 both the release pressed up or a cable release should trigger a single frame. If the cable's not working the mechanism might have been damaged. It's probably an easy fix.

To set the ASA on the meter you hold down the button just above the viewfinder eyepiece and turn the aperture control.

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Opal

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio