#1 Deji Joseph

Deji Joseph
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Student
  • London

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

Im currently working on a montage sequence for a boy meets girl short film to show the development of their relationship, I have done a few searches online but i'm trying to get as many suggestions as possible, then cut them down. So far I have a Park bench, riverside sitting, picnic, boat trip down a river, lying in bed, walking hand in hand, walking with hands in each others pockets, cinema trip, watching the stars, cuddling, resting heads on each others shoulders. Please fell free to add if you have anymore suggestions.

Dj

#2 Dom Jaeger

Dom Jaeger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1605 posts
  • Other
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Let's see.. burning ants together with a magnifying glass, getting squished in a punk mosh pit, eating kebabs at the end of Ramadan, finding treasure while sifting through a rubbish tip, or from my own history (they say you should write what you know) driving through a lightning storm in the middle of the Simpson desert.

All romantic possibilities. :rolleyes:

Of course cliches can work too, but it takes a sure hand to lift them out of mundanity. The opening 4 minute love story from Pixar's "Up" is probably the best example of that I can think of at the moment:

#3 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5070 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

Yes, you really need to do something that reveals the characters and their world in the form a short hand. You have to be smart when using clich├ęs otherwise they can raise a comic laugh rather than the emotion you're after.

#4 Marcus Joseph

Marcus Joseph
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Let's see.. burning ants together with a magnifying glass, getting squished in a punk mosh pit, eating kebabs at the end of Ramadan, finding treasure while sifting through a rubbish tip, or from my own history (they say you should write what you know) driving through a lightning storm in the middle of the Simpson desert.

All romantic possibilities. :rolleyes:

Of course cliches can work too, but it takes a sure hand to lift them out of mundanity. The opening 4 minute love story from Pixar's "Up" is probably the best example of that I can think of at the moment:

That was heartbreaking.

#5 Tim Chu

Tim Chu

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other
  • Shanghai, China

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

ok, they could be arguing, shouting out to nothing, yelling at each other, taking shower together, put on make-up for each other, on wired costume/gadgets etc.
something mad, yet sweet

Im currently working on a montage sequence for a boy meets girl short film to show the development of their relationship, I have done a few searches online but i'm trying to get as many suggestions as possible, then cut them down. So far I have a Park bench, riverside sitting, picnic, boat trip down a river, lying in bed, walking hand in hand, walking with hands in each others pockets, cinema trip, watching the stars, cuddling, resting heads on each others shoulders. Please fell free to add if you have anymore suggestions.

Dj

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape