3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Hey everybody. An avant-garde short film that I finished last year just got into a festival. :) I'm really excited about it, but I have a few questions since this is my first festival. The main one is what to include in the press kit. I have a bunch of production stills, but I'm not sure what other basics usually go along with that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Elisabeth Nagy

Elisabeth Nagy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Other
  • Berlin - Germany

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

Check with the festival, do they provide assistence? maybe hire somebody at location to help you with local media. they do have to connections, which you might not get otherwise.
Usually: short synopsis, longer synopsis, credits (if possible all of the credits, incl. aspect ratio etc pp), a portrait of yourself (300 dpi and web-resolution), a list of what actually is on the production stills), some production notes. don´t forget about the radio and TV-stations, tho I have only experience on what is needed for print.

#3 Bill DiPietra

Bill DiPietra
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2339 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York City

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Check with the festival, do they provide assistence? maybe hire somebody at location to help you with local media. they do have to connections, which you might not get otherwise.
Usually: short synopsis, longer synopsis, credits (if possible all of the credits, incl. aspect ratio etc pp), a portrait of yourself (300 dpi and web-resolution), a list of what actually is on the production stills), some production notes. don´t forget about the radio and TV-stations, tho I have only experience on what is needed for print.

Yes, they say they help to promote the films. Just waiting on a response.

That's pretty much what I had assumed was included in the package. Thanks for your help, Elisabeth!

#4 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5069 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

If they need TV clips festivals tend to ask for them separately, although shorts tend not to attract attention from that quarter unless they're already multi award winners.

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly