#1 Abhishek Modak

Abhishek Modak

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

hi, i have a problem soliving this theory , that if 2 characters are standing in front of mirror , one is standing in front and other one is behind him . now if we are taking a shot of the mirror of two ppl standing , how to focus these subjects , do we have to take focus in mirror . but how to take the other ones distance (standing behind) . another question is that how can a plane mirror see the out of focus one because mirror has no depth to judge the actual distance between the 2 characters . is this the incident light which makes this happen .. pls help me out .

thanks.
abhishek

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

hi, i have a problem soliving this theory , that if 2 characters are standing in front of mirror , one is standing in front and other one is behind him . now if we are taking a shot of the mirror of two ppl standing , how to focus these subjects , do we have to take focus in mirror . but how to take the other ones distance (standing behind) . another question is that how can a plane mirror see the out of focus one because mirror has no depth to judge the actual distance between the 2 characters . is this the incident light which makes this happen .. pls help me out .

thanks.
abhishek

Measure to the mirror & back to the person for the person in the mirror. It's just the distance!

#3 Abhishek Modak

Abhishek Modak

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Measure to the mirror & back to the person for the person in the mirror. It's just the distance!

thanks stephen.

#4 Abhishek Modak

Abhishek Modak

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

thanks stephen.

so its the distance which is why mirror is also seeing the same thing . its the behaviour of a plane mirror to show us back the same thing .
one of my frnd was suggesting its all the distance of the light which falling on the subjects than reflecting from the mirror thus showing us the same thing cause mirror does not know the actual distance, or it cannot even show the actual depth . so its the light which actually helps mirror . what are ur suggestions in this .

Visual Products

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Opal

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc