Avraham Greenhut

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Hi All,

I just finished my VFX education and I am setting out to produce my first VFX reel. I want to produce a guerrilla type "short" to display my VFX skills. I have all the equipment I need except lighting. I want to shoot green Screen both indoors and outdoors, as well I want to have at the very least a traditional Three point lighting kit for outdoor and indoor shooting. Could someone point me in the most cost effective direction and give me a "bottom line" on what I will need? C- stands, flags, silks, gels, etc etc etc . I want enough that I wont be frustrated with a lack of options but I don't want to spend more than I must.

Thanks,

Av

#2 Justin W. King

Justin W. King
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Electrician
  • New York, NY

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

I don't know if this is too late, but from what I am hearing it seems like you are using this stuff only for your reel. I would only borrow or rent equipment. Once you decide to rent or borrow equipment, you need to figure out how large an area and what method you are using to shoot, as well as the type of camera. If you can do your effects day exterior, you might not need any lights at all. You are probably best of asking someone who knows lighting to help you out, so you can spend more time on your vfx work.

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

The Slider

Abel Cine

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC