My new UltraPan8 film
Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:47 AM
UltraPan8 is a native 2.8:1 spherical ultrawide film format utlizing hybrid Bolex H8/H16 cameras.
1. The format uses 2-perf R8mm film that is 16mm wide and the 1/2 pulldown of the 8mm gate.
2. Running time is doubled relative to standard 16mm filmstock as there are 80 UltraPan8 frames per 16mm foot as opposed to 40.
3. Standard 16mm optics provided full coverage optically centered.
4. The "imaging" area is increased by 90-100% Relative to 8mm/S8 film.
5. This film is an edited version of the 1700x600 DIVX extraction from the master 2080x870x24 sequential jpegs.
Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:29 PM
Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:37 PM
The greens (foliage) are amazing. As are the purples in those flowers.
Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:08 AM
Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:36 AM
Much cheaper than a Super 16 conversion. It depends on what you bring to the "conversion" table. Please contact Jean-Louis Seguin directly for a quote (firstname.lastname@example.org)i.e.
1. Both H8 and H16 (cheapest)
2. H16 only (at this time it is a straight swap for a H8 body at no cost)
3. H8 only
4. Neither (most expensive)
Bitworks.org did the transfer.
This looks fantastic. what does it cost for the mod to a Bolex? Who did the transfer?