DCP for film festival

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patrick Nuse

Patrick Nuse
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

I will be creating a DCP for a film festival. I will also be setting up a webpage for submission instructions. I have a couple of questions, If people are submitting 1.85:1 and 2.39:1 (1998x1080 and 2048x858) can the MXF files be different aspect ratios like that in one DCP or do all the MXF files have to be the same format. I know the projectionist has to select the playback format for each DCP right? I was wondering if I can create one DCP that the projectionist can play a series of movies from, does the server allow playing back specific MXF files inside the DCP or does is just play the whole thing only one file at a time. like trailers before a main feature for example, because that is typically done with one DCP right?

#2 Patrick Nuse

Patrick Nuse
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

For anyone who might be wondering. After finally being able to go to my local theater to run my test DCP. I learned that whatever is in the DCP will play in order without stopping according to the composistion playlist file. So each film we will be watching will be it's own DCP. the projectionist will create a playlist on the server that will determine which DCP will play at what time. As each DCP is played, the server will send the signals to the projector and curtains to accomodate each aspect ratio automatically.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Opal