New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Director

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

hi

iam yehia , iam new here so I am pleased to be a good friend in this forum

first my dream is to be film director in hollywood and make movies like peter jackson and james cameron I Know this is very hard but I Hope Be achieved , i planed to join a film school in U.S.A and take M.F.A to be the first step for my dream so I choose usa , ucla and calart but I didnot what is the best for me and how can i joined one of these and i didnot have the hole money for study so if i take a loan is it easy to repay it and the most important question is after graduation is it possible to take jobe in cinema industry in U.S.A or it depends on my luck because iam afraid after graduation i didnot find any jobs And then regret for choose the field of cinema inustry

#2 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3916 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

It'll depend on a lot of luck and the people you know if you get work, there are no guarantees. The choice of the actual school may be not be up to you in the end, there'll be a lot of people after the places. I suspect you'll need to have some short films or other related work to show in a portfolio during selection.

Edited by Brian Drysdale, 16 September 2011 - 08:25 AM.

#3 yehia mohamed

yehia mohamed

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Director

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

It'll depend on a lot of luck and the people you know if you get work, there are no guarantees. The choice of the actual school may be not be up to you in the end, there'll be a lot of people after the places. I suspect you'll need to have some short films or other related work to show in a portfolio during selection.

thanks for replay but the problem is that iam from egypt if i travel to U.S it will be a new palace for me soi asks for work bec. it well be Difficult in the begging but i have alot of short movies Is it easier to get job?

#4 Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3916 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

thanks for replay but the problem is that iam from egypt if i travel to U.S it will be a new palace for me soi asks for work bec. it well be Difficult in the begging but i have alot of short movies Is it easier to get job?

To get a job there you'll need a work visa, which can be difficult to get for the U.S.. It's always tough to get jobs in the film and TV industry, I think if you look through the threads in the forum you'll find lots of people out of film school working for nothing (or deferred payments, which basically amounts to the same thing) to get experience and build up their contacts.

Any work in the industry tends to be freelance, so perhaps not the best for paying off large loans unless you can get another job to fill in during the times when you're not working in film or TV.

Robert Starling

Zylight

Pro 8mm

rebotnix Technologies

Lemo Connectors

The Slider

Abel Cine

Visual Products

Cadrage Directors Viewfinder

CineTape

K5600 Lighting

Ritter Battery