Cameraman needed - LA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darragh O Dea

Darragh O Dea
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Hi there,

After doing an extensive google search, I came across this site. I am looking for a student cameraman to shoot some interviews in LA next March. You should have your own digital camera and be willing to take direction well.

This gig would best suit someone who is in college, but has a few years under their belt. Filming one to one interviews and some cutaway stuff, not rocket science!

If you are interested, drop me a PM with some details, any examples of your work, the usual. After is all done, you can use the edited material for your showreel if it helps.

Cheers,

Darragh
Dublin, Ireland.

#2 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi there,

After doing an extensive google search, I came across this site. I am looking for a student cameraman to shoot some interviews in LA next March. You should have your own digital camera and be willing to take direction well.

This gig would best suit someone who is in college, but has a few years under their belt. Filming one to one interviews and some cutaway stuff, not rocket science!

If you are interested, drop me a PM with some details, any examples of your work, the usual. After is all done, you can use the edited material for your showreel if it helps.

Cheers,

Darragh
Dublin, Ireland.

So, you want someone who will work for next to nothing (or nothing) but who also has gear and experience and won't charge for it? Does that kind of person exist? Let me know! :)

Just curious what the parameters are before referring this job on to potential candidates.

#3 Darragh O Dea

Darragh O Dea
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

So, you want someone who will work for next to nothing (or nothing) but who also has gear and experience and won't charge for it? Does that kind of person exist? Let me know! :)

Just curious what the parameters are before referring this job on to potential candidates.

So what you are saying is that you're not interested?

Thanks everyone for the PM's so far!

Darragh

#4 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11943 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

No, he's asking, without being so impolite as to ask directly, whether your'e paying or not.

P

#5 Darragh O Dea

Darragh O Dea
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:47 AM

No, he's asking, without being so impolite as to ask directly, whether your'e paying or not.

P

Of course I am paying! No one should do any work without getting paid! The reason I said I wanted a student was indeed to keep costs down. I am paying for this out of my own pocket, there is no big budget. In fact, I may be even on the wrong site, but after a big search this is what I found.

#6 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11943 posts
  • Other

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

You really should say.

So much film work is unpaid that if you don't mention it people will assume you aren't. Which I suspect most of us did.

P

#7 Darragh O Dea

Darragh O Dea
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

You really should say.

So much film work is unpaid that if you don't mention it people will assume you aren't. Which I suspect most of us did.

P

Ok to clarify. I want someone to shoot some interviews. This is a paid job. Im not looking for high end professionals as the 'budget' is coming out of my pocket, thats why I suggested students learning the ropes that need a few extra bucks! Its a few hours work. The project is to shoot an interview, which will be edited for a radio station website. So basically its for me, the station boss and possibly the 6 people that will look at it. I know nothing about this industry so apoligies if I got it wrong, oh, Ive been told that you need to be able to shoot in PAL.

#8 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11943 posts
  • Other

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Try Thomas Worth, I think he has some PAL gear or if not a DSLR that might suit. thomas@rarevision.com

P

#9 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

oh, Ive been told that you need to be able to shoot in PAL.

That shouldn't really be an aside. Not too many Cameramen in LA have PAL gear, much less students on a budget.

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Glidecam

The Slider