Borut Plesej

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

The facts I have to work with:

The room is about 5m x 5m with 3m ceilings. I also sleep and live in the room. No other option at this point, but it's a start. I also have to incorporate some kind of a sound booth for voice overs. Oh and a teleprompter is a must. The screen should be big enough so a normally proportioned person could stand in front of it and get a good waist-line portrait (I don't know what the correct term is), which I think is about 2,5m wide and 1,6m high... Am I wrong?

I've tried to read as much as possible, and tried to come up with the most perfect solution I could think of, and here it is:

This is the green screen and it's lighting. The lights are T5s and additionally softened through a matte plexi glass (pic without the plexi). What wattage should I get to evenly light this screen?

There are two reasons for a design like this... First is that because the screen is so well lit and the light doesn't spill on the subject, the subject can be closer to the screen (space limitations). The second reason is that behind the screen there is 10cm thick rock wool (80kg/m3) for the sound booth purpose. And it needs a structure to hold it in place.

Would this set-up allow me to film professional-looking chroma key videos?

Additionally, if anyone is interested, the rest of the planned set-up is the "computer, camera-teleprompter, microphone, vocal booth element. Another view...

I've never done anything like this and I must have forgotten about many important things... I'll be grateful to anyone who can point one and help me save time and trouble in the long run...

#2 Borut Plesej

Borut Plesej

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

I've only ever been arround audio forums and don't know where to ask the question...

Could please someone tell me where would be a more appropriate place to ask my question? I really need some input...

Thank you!

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Opal