No replies to this topic

#1 Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Okay, I am at a loss. This has been going on for days.

I have Adobe CS5 Production Premium and cut my Super8 short film in Premiere Pro. It was shot at 24fps and scanned at 24fps and delivered in Uncompressed QuickTime.

The problem is, I cannot make a PAL DVD. Or at least, I cannot figure out how.

While EXPORTING MPEG2 DVD in Premiere Pro, the video can successfully be converted to PAL, but the audio remains at the NTSC speed. No 4% speedup is given. It is not possible to speed up the audio in the timeline. That option is grayed out.

Also, the conversion Premiere Pro gives me is crap. It drops drops 1 frame per second. I have a progressive 24fps transfer, so I should be able to just speed it up to 25 fps.

I CANNOT PURCHASE ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE, so I respectfully ask responders not to tell me to buy more stuff. I can't.

So can anyone help me? I have Adobe CS5 Production Premium. I am a newbie and pretty much can "get around" PremPro and sort of use Encore. The rest... not a clue.

I need to be done by tomorrow.

By the way, the film uses music and narration. No sync dialog. So if I can be told of a way to convert my 24fps video into 25fps without interlacing or dropped frames, I can create a new project, use the converted video and then drop all the audio from the original in there and do some adjusting. Yeah, it'll take me all day, but in the end it will be better since I won't have sped up audio (I hate higher pitched PAL audio and can detect the difference immediately).

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies