Kevin Sandler

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to the Super-8 community, and relatively to film in general.

I recently bought myself a bargain camera off a European Super-8 camera shop. It is a Nizo 481 macro. The reason it was bargain camera is the fact that it has a dent on the focal ring, however that's not my issue. I fear it may have greater issues. I loaded the camera with batteries, as well as the light meter. I used 1.5v 625a batteries for the meter. Everything seems to run fine, except it doesn't seem to be reading light, however. Whenever I look through the viewfinder the F-stop scale doesn't have any type of needle on it, even when adjusting the aperture with the manual knob.

I've read up on this camera and everything seems to indicate I should be getting some type needle in the aperture display in the viewfinder. Any advice on this issue? Are the batteries causing the meter to not work? Shouldn't I be able to see a needle regardless once in manual mode?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Martin Baumgarten

Martin Baumgarten
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Plattsburgh, New York U.S.A.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hi Kevin. Do you have the owner's manual? Check the batteries using the battery test position of the main control and then the meter button. If the needle doesn't deflect with either test, then there's something wrong with the needle display. This may or may not also affect the aperture control. To see if the meter is even responding to light....run the camera in automatic and look thru the film chamber from the rear without a cartridge in it. As you move the camera from a darkened area to a lighter one, you should be able to see the aperture open and close while running the camera's motor. If not, then there's more wrong with the camera than just the needle viewfinder display. Good luck!

Ritter Battery

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies