#1 David Owen James

David Owen James
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Director
  • British Columbia

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Can anyone direct me to some shops online that sell serviced 16 mm cameras? Also, if you know a place in Montreal let me know.

Thank you,
David

#2 Roger Gerbig

Roger Gerbig

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other
  • Indianapolis, IN USA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Can anyone direct me to some shops online that sell serviced 16 mm cameras? Also, if you know a place in Montreal let me know.

Thank you,
David

If you're looking for a Bolex, I'd consider Andrew Alden in the UK (www.bolex.co.uk). I bought a beautiful H16 SB from him earlier this year, and have been very pleased. He's been dealing used Bolex gear for some time, guarantees the equipment he sells, and offer reasonable international shipping rates.

For other brands, the only place I can think of off the top of my head is Visual Products (http://www.visualproducts.com/). I have no experience with them however.

#3 Jean-Louis Seguin

Jean-Louis Seguin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Other
  • Montreal, Canada

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thank you,
David

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

#4 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Try Bernie at Super 16 Inc. He may have some laying around that you can be sure will be in good working order.

http://www.super16inc.com/

#5 NICK BRAMPTON

NICK BRAMPTON
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Producer
  • VANCOUVER, CANADA

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

I bought an Arri SRII Super16, a Cooke lens, and a fluid head and tripod from Visual Products in 2008 for a short film project that I shot in the UK in 2009. The equipment was delivered to Vancouver B.C. (where I was living at the time) on time and in excellent shape. I have been very satisfied with the service I received from Visual (especially Jim Budzilek) and would definitely recommend them.

Incidentally, if you are in the market for an Arri, I selling mine. (I've started a demanding new job - in real life I am an in-house technology lawyer - and won't have any spare time for filming for at least the next couple of years). I have pretty well everything that you would need to get started, including matte box, changing tent, camera tools, customised pelican case etc. I will be sad to see the camera go, but I would rather someone be getting some good use out of it.

#6 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

I bought an Arri SRII Super16, a Cooke lens, and a fluid head and tripod from Visual Products in 2008...

The brief conversations I've had with them were impressive; they seem to really do a good job reconditioning equipment and really know film cameras.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Glidecam