#1 Andries Molenaar

Andries Molenaar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Amsterdam

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

None of my business of course but I thought Jürgen (the writer) missed the opportunity to post a text on his new book here. And stakeholders are not listing it.

Should be interesting to anybody in the business contemplating the use of genuine Super-8 for an upcoming project. If Spielberg can then anybody can.

Rather then relying on digital helpers to achieve looks-like but does really have it :) It is not all that hard.

Check the original listing in the Super-8 section of cinematography.com. Also note that it is now available through Amazon and eBay. From US in US$ :)

Super-8 section thread on this book

SUPER 8 The film handbook for the digital age – with brief instructions for Super 8 film beginners.

How is film different than video? How do I find the right camera? What film stocks are available today? There are more than 30 types! Where and how is it developed? How can I do it myself? Who should I let repair my camera? How do I maintain it? What digital scanners are available for Super 8? How do I edit film on computer and use the additional possibilities it offers: Image stabilization, colour correction, film improvement with Avisynth? How do I work with wet or tape splicers? What projectors are most efficient? Which competitions can I submit my film to? What I need to know about the history of film formats: 9.5 mm, 16 mm, 8 mm, Super 8, Double Super 8 and Single-8?

Jürgen Lossau: Super 8, 148 x 210 mm, approx. 290 pages, 300 colour photos, in German/English, ISBN 978-3-938619-03-2

Posted Image

#2 Jurgen Lossau

Jurgen Lossau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Producer

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanks, Andries, for your nice recommendation. The handbook SUPER 8 is available here:

USA: My link
Worldwide: http://en.atollmedien.de/SUPER8

Also at Spectra Film and Video (USA) and The Widescreen Centre (GB, London)

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Technodolly

The Slider