#1 Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Other
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

I have been trying to ascertain whether there is a published list which relates the year of manufacture of Arri S16S/B cameras to the camera number, but I haven't been able to find one. I am particularly trying to establish what year(s) cameras in the 15XXX, 16XXX and 17XXX were made.

Can anybody advise please?

#2 Peter Heinemann

Peter Heinemann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other
  • Germany

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have been trying to ascertain whether there is a published list which relates the year of manufacture of Arri S16S/B cameras to the camera number, but I haven't been able to find one. I am particularly trying to establish what year(s) cameras in the 15XXX, 16XXX and 17XXX were made.

Can anybody advise please?

Hello Robert,

my Arri 16ST ("ST" stands for "Standard" and is the german name for Arri 16S/B ) with number mid-19XXX has been manufactured in 1977 - this is what Arri once told me. The production of this camera decreased after their blimped cameras hit the market and from the end of the 70s to the end of production in 1989 a relative small number of cameras had been made. The production ended with a production count of just over 20.000 pieces.

Very best wishes

Edited by Peter Heinemann, 16 September 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#3 Peter Heinemann

Peter Heinemann

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other
  • Germany

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hello Robert,

my Arri 16ST ("ST" stands for "Standard" and is the german name for Arri 16S/B ) with number mid-19XXX has been manufactured in 1977 - this is what Arri once told me. The production of this camera decreased after their blimped cameras hit the market and from the end of the 70s to the end of production in 1989 a relative small number of cameras had been made. The production ended with a production count of just over 20.000 pieces.

Very best wishes

Correcting an error in my posting: "16ST"("Standard") is what the 16S as well as the 16S/B were called in Germany. In the early days of the production, before the 16M and the BL had been introduced, the camera was just named "Arri 16". Some people prefered to translated "ST" with "stumme Arri" ("mute Arri") rather than "Standard", because it was just too loud to be used for audio without a blimb.

Edited by Peter Heinemann, 16 September 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Technodolly