#1 Paul Brenno

Paul Brenno
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • North Dakota

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

hello fella DP's/Videographer's....Got a situation that is interesting, get some input/feedback....

I've been working in both video production and news (for over 10 yrs) as Photographer/Editor to Director of Photography. I was working in Denver when I got laid off, that was Aug '09, so with this lowsy economy, I've been working parttime at my hometown's local tv station as studio crew/photographer, still hoping to find FT work....

I've been doing some thinking about my career, whether I should con't to look at video production companies, as they mostly hire Videographer/Editors who are great editors, esp with motion grafx (photoshop/after effects), which I'm not good at....I've been a much better DP and ENG Editor, but my aptitude is much better suited for being a DP/ENG Editor (Photographer/Editor).....

I was just offered a FT staff position as videographer/editor at a video production company....i was excited to get the offer, but know two ex-staff members who recently left....they offer a above average pay for this small size market, but no OT or comp time...I am grateful for the offer, but know I'd leave within a yr or two for a bigger city.....

I am thinking about going back into news as Photographer/Editor in a bigger city, preferable down south, since I do enjoy it, plus video production seems to be more focused on great editing and motion grafx, but want to make the right decision on this....video production and news have both pros and cons, but I haven't had much luck with video production companies, working for some major butt producers...hadn't had that in news yet....

my goal was to eventually work as a staff DP for a video production company or TV station, so just trying to make the right choice.....

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Opal

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks