K Koquard

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys,

Student here. I've been told I cross the 180 line "numerous times" in the first 3 minutes of this exercise I made. I can only see one instance where I crossed the line intentionally (it was on the girl's close-up). However, I've been assured I have crossed it more than that. Since I've been editing this exercise for so many hours, I can no longer see the beginning freshly.

Can someone please help me out and watch the first 3 minutes of this: --- and then maybe let me know, specifically, where I crossed the line? It would help me out immensely. :)

(Sorry for the bad sound and stuff. I'm a newbie)

Koqu

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hey guys,

Student here. I've been told I cross the 180 line "numerous times" in the first 3 minutes of this exercise I made. I can only see one instance where I crossed the line intentionally (it was on the girl's close-up). However, I've been assured I have crossed it more than that. Since I've been editing this exercise for so many hours, I can no longer see the beginning freshly.

Can someone please help me out and watch the first 3 minutes of this: --- and then maybe let me know, specifically, where I crossed the line? It would help me out immensely. :)

(Sorry for the bad sound and stuff. I'm a newbie)

Koqu

In the first part, they are both looking camera right, and when she sits up and switches eyeline to the "correct" side for his shots, now he also switches in his shots so the next part has them both looking camera left. So the screen direction never seems to correct itself. You could always flip his shots in post to match the girl's angles so when she's looking camera right, he's looking camera left... and then when she's looking camera left, you switch him again so he's looking camera right. The point is that they should look like they are looking at each other if that's what they were doing.

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Tai Audio

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera