#1 Leo House

Leo House

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I picked up a Super 8 camera the other day at a thrift store the other day. I dabble in video production/filmmaking as a hobby, but I've only worked with digital. I didn't specifically set out to get a Super 8, but I think it'd be cool to shoot some stuff with it now that I have one. Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me more about the specific cam that I got.

Its a Sears 155, the model number is 584.91550

I've goggled it but so far cannot find anything about this model at all, like it never even existed. It still works, and I plan to shoot some stuff with it at some point. It doesn't have a lot of features. Has a 3x zoom, but that's about it, basically just a point and shoot for lack of a better term. Here is one pic, I can take more if you like.

Attached Images

• 378805_2801134181263_1045815930_2941809_1195600865_n.jpg

#2 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2030 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Looks a lot like a Kodak Instamatic Super 8 camera; like this one. Maybe the Sears version was a variant of one of these. They also had a version that was for time-lapse called the "Analyst."

If it is working give it a shot. Don't be disappointed if it breaks however, they use plastic gears that get brittle with age and once they go it's not worth repairing.

Posted Image

If you have a little money to play with, try a package from Pro8mm with Fuji Vivid 160 stock which should work fine on it. If you want to go the less expensive route buy a roll of Ektachrome 100D from Kodak's website then send it to Dwayne's Photo for processing and transfer to a data DVD.

Remember to shoot outdoors or only in a really well lit room for the first test.

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC