Ludwig Linnekogel

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Berlin

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

I got accepted for this year! Anyone else hear back?

Colin, I got accepted too. I´m going to visit the campus between 07.-13.04.2011. Are you from LA, maybe we could meet? And by the way, do you know a good place to stay?

Thanks and congratulations,
Ludwig

#142 Colin Oh

Colin Oh
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Colin, I got accepted too. I´m going to visit the campus between 07.-13.04.2011. Are you from LA, maybe we could meet? And by the way, do you know a good place to stay?

Thanks and congratulations,
Ludwig

Hey! That's awesome, congrats. I live in LA, now and we should definitely meet up. Not sure about places to stay though. I guess it depends on what area you want to be in.

#143 Dennis Zanatta

Dennis Zanatta

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hello Guys, is there any cinematographer in this forum applying for the Conservatory this year, 2012?

I just did 2 weeks ago for Fall 2012.

#144 Ludwig Linnekogel

Ludwig Linnekogel

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Berlin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hello Guys, is there any cinematographer in this forum applying for the Conservatory this year, 2012?

I just did 2 weeks ago for Fall 2012.

Do you mean Fall 2013?

#145 Dennis Zanatta

Dennis Zanatta

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yes, Fall 2013.

I forgot that we are in 2013 already!

#146 Therealsv

Therealsv
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

So how likely would it be for me to get accepted to AFI or even interviewed for Cinematography program if I only DP'ed on project?  I was waitlisted this year for the director discipline and my still get in for that but I am thinking of sending in app for cinematography progam.  Thoughts?  Am I kidding myself if I only have one film as DP under my belt?

#147 Justin Moore

Justin Moore

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Applications for Fall 2014 are due at the end of this week. Anyone else applying/applied?

#148 Elliot Pollaro

Elliot Pollaro

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Texas

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:43 AM

I have been giving AFI a lot of thought.  I finished up my resume, and my narrative statement.  I definitely am thinking about applying.  I have been the director and cinematographer on everything I have ever done.   So I am torn between the two at AFI.  I know the directing admission deadline is already over.  My big question to all of the AFI Alumni from the past 4 years is as a cinematographer, have you gotten steady business from studios?  Also as a director, what have you gone on to accomplish?  It is a huge deal to me to know this, as I am wanting to be on set working on major films.  I currently own a advertising agency and have many documentaries, commercials, and a few narratives under my belt.  Even films that went to film festivals and won awards.  I am not satisfied with what I am doing and feel like I should be doing more.  Is AFI worth it as a cinematographer?  Is it more beneficial to apply as a Director?  I'm just looking for advice before I make a huge step in my life.

Thanks for your time.

#149 Andrew Wheeler

Andrew Wheeler
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

AFI was extremely helpful to me and it has more Academy Award winning cinematographers than any other school.  However, if you think that you are going to be on studio films in just 4 years and you havent already had great successes and worked at budgets near studio numbers, then AFI or anything else for that matter can't help you and you will be extremely dissappointed.  Its a process to get to do studio features and you have to work up to that.  Its even a process within the studios to get to do bigger studio movies.   There is usually a little bit of luck involved as well.

Most of the time the saying "10 years to overnight success" is true.

#150 Chiyeung Lau

Chiyeung Lau
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Would you advise trying to apply after a few years on set?

AFI was extremely helpful to me and it has more Academy Award winning cinematographers than any other school.  However, if you think that you are going to be on studio films in just 4 years and you havent already had great successes and worked at budgets near studio numbers, then AFI or anything else for that matter can't help you and you will be extremely dissappointed.  Its a process to get to do studio features and you have to work up to that.  Its even a process within the studios to get to do bigger studio movies.   There is usually a little bit of luck involved as well.

Most of the time the saying "10 years to overnight success" is true.

#151 Alan Aguilar

Alan Aguilar

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • new york city

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

Any new applicants around? 

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC