Ray Knives

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi all,
I've read around silently here before but am new to posting. Hope this isn't a redundant topic and some of you can advise
Here's my situation.

100ft daylight spools, shot on 16mm Bolex somewhere in the mid to late 90's. Camera taped closed in their boxes and black bagged-never developed-never stored in heat, boxed away. My bet is I was too poor to develop it. I really want to see if anything is on it because it was downtown 1990's skateboarding-shot at a historic skate spot that no longer exists. It's a nice little time capsule if there's an image still there.

Does anyone think it still has something on there? Should I push it a stop if so? Wondering if that could bring out a faded exposure. Everything was hot natural daylight.

Kodak Plus X reversal
Kodak EXR 100T 7248
KODAK 7297
Kodak 500T 7298

Thanks to anyone who can chime in.

-Ray

Edited by Ray Knives, 20 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#2 Robert Houllahan

Robert Houllahan
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1584 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Providence R.I.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

From what we have seen here at Cinelab the Plus-x will be ok, the color negative stocks will have gone a bit base fog especially in the blue layer and more in the higher speed stocks, you might want to try to push the ECN a bit but that also might just make it grainier.

-Rob-

#3 Jock Blakley

Jock Blakley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Other
  • Melbourne, VIC

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

It might pay to have the lab clip-test the rolls to work out if an altered development procedure is in order, especially for the 7298.

#4 Ray Knives

Ray Knives

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

Thanks, Rob. At least something should be there. I could deal with more grain if it would help pull the image out more. It doesn't have to be beautiful and honestly I'm either into super clean or super grain depending. I am not even sure there is anything usable on it in terms of what was actually shot, but I need to know whats there. I was actually thinking of sending to Cinelab in my research so I should give a call over there and discuss these rolls.

From what we have seen here at Cinelab the Plus-x will be ok, the color negative stocks will have gone a bit base fog especially in the blue layer and more in the higher speed stocks, you might want to try to push the ECN a bit but that also might just make it grainier.

-Rob-

#5 Ray Knives

Ray Knives

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

It might pay to have the lab clip-test the rolls to work out if an altered development procedure is in order, especially for the 7298.

Thanks Jock. Good idea. Hopefully there's some good footage to be seen

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

The Slider