#1 Luis Filipe Montanha

Luis Filipe Montanha
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Student

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start a shooting in next month, but I'm still working on the last things. The place where we're going to film have some surfaces that reflect a lot (some between 30 and 70% and others between 30 and 50%) so I thinking in use a dulling spray instead of a matte "coat".

Can you give me some opinions and how it works? It is the best choice, taking into account the money we have to do the film?

Many thanks!

#2 Wooda McNiven

Wooda McNiven
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I once faced a similar situation... if I understand your situation correctly. We just used cheap old women's hairspray. It cut down on the specular reflection of various surfaces. It also was used to fog up windows so the background (through the windows) did not create a distraction for the viewer.

#3 Luis Filipe Montanha

Luis Filipe Montanha
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Student

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

I once faced a similar situation... if I understand your situation correctly. We just used cheap old women's hairspray. It cut down on the specular reflection of various surfaces. It also was used to fog up windows so the background (through the windows) did not create a distraction for the viewer.

Hello Wooda,

First of all, thank you for your answer. The materials where I want to apply the spray are a surface made of glass an other made of brilliant black marble and they have a frontal wide window with an explosion of natural light. I'll try your suggestion firstly and made some comparisons.

Thank you again!

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Opal

Ritter Battery

Rig Wheels Passport

The Slider

CineLab