Photo

New York, New York!! in super8 and Sinatra-vision!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts
  • Other

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

So a Vietnamese couple here in New York is going back home to their town about 45 minutes outside of Saigon to get married and they wanted to show something fun about the city at the reception.

What could be better than NYC, in winter, with Sinatra? Talk about foreign!

In Vietnam, receptions will have guests numbering from 200 to 500 to even 700 people! I've been to a few and the videos are typically behind the times and quite static. They use mostly MiniDV (some do DSLR now) and never ever EVER shoot on film of any sort.

Too bad the day we shot was so cold we could barely function. It was THE coldest day this past winter. The bride's face was frozen, the camera kept freezing and neither spoke functional English, so take after take after take had to be made. Yes, I had a translator, but it didn't seem to matter! Oh my God, how underpaid I was, lol!!

Shot on a Canon 1014 XL-S with Pro8's 250D stock. I think the image is a bit jumpy and I am not sure why. Perhaps the cartridges were too tight or the cold caused trouble. The Canon in question is rock solid and completely on the up and up. Pro8 delivered a transfer that is a bit bright and noisy, but then again, that may just be the stock and my lackluster shooting. Not sure.

I will do additional color correction shortly.

Opal

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Technodolly

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks