Will Phelps

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey guys,

I am about to shoot a short on scarlet and am wondering what the easiest way for the DIT to dump the footage off the camera's hard drive and onto the computer and then watch it on the computer to make sure none of the footage is corrupted.

I know I can't just open up the red raw footage on my editor's mac, but what is the easiest way to just quickly watch a file on the onset computer (mac) just to make sure its not corrupted. Later we will do all the proper trans-coding and stuff, but I am just talking quick onset checks.

Thanks!

#2 John Mastrogiacomo

John Mastrogiacomo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 210 posts
  • Other
  • Las Vegas, NV

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hey guys,

I am about to shoot a short on scarlet and am wondering what the easiest way for the DIT to dump the footage off the camera's hard drive and onto the computer and then watch it on the computer to make sure none of the footage is corrupted.

I know I can't just open up the red raw footage on my editor's mac, but what is the easiest way to just quickly watch a file on the onset computer (mac) just to make sure its not corrupted. Later we will do all the proper trans-coding and stuff, but I am just talking quick onset checks.

Thanks!

Make your life easy and use Premiere Pro CS5.5.2 Just drop the .R3D files on the timeline. It doesn't get any easier.

#3 Gus Sacks

Gus Sacks
  • Sustaining Members
  • 287 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Use a Red Station to dump the footage to the hard drives. Use RedCine-X to view the R3D files.

Super simple. There are a ton of different ways to ingest the media, but once it gets to the computer (or you can review the footage off the SSDs), use RedCine-X or Red Cine Pro.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks