#1 Andy_Alderslade

Andy_Alderslade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, UK

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hey everyone, haven't been able to post on here for a while, though always having a read from time to time.

Well here's my first reel in almost two years, let me know what you think - please do (don't hold back!)

Cheers,
Andy

#2 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Nice Andy some great lighting very well done .

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hey Andy;
Looks very good. The one thing that caught my eye and annoyed me was in the first shot; with the pandown/pull ('bout 11 sec in) there's a "bump" and it looks like a focus miss. It's really quick, of course, but it did grab my eye while watching, and it being the first shot... kind of distracting.
Aside from that really good work. There was a quick hair (i think) in the shot of the monks walking down the stairs for what looked like a frame; might be worth it to pain it out in After Effects?

#4 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hey everyone, haven't been able to post on here for a while, though always having a read from time to time.

Well here's my first reel in almost two years, let me know what you think - please do (don't hold back!)

Cheers,
Andy

Time well spent Andy! Really VERY impressive.

The worst shot I could find is the girl on the telephone and you buried it well enough in the reel I'm not sure anyone would notice. ;)

The framing in the scene with the girl and the sofas and the blue pringles can is slightly off too but I'm not sure if I don't actually like it that way, as it perhaps helps it feel more chaotic even!

On the whole it's preety amazing and I'm trying hard to be pernikity and nasty because you asked me to! ;)

Quite frankly it's better than a lot of the stuff I have to endure on TV!

WELL DONE ANDY! :)

love

Freya

Edited by Freya Black, 07 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#5 Andy_Alderslade

Andy_Alderslade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, UK

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Nice Andy some great lighting very well done .

Thanks John!

#6 Andy_Alderslade

Andy_Alderslade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, UK

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hey Andy;
Looks very good. The one thing that caught my eye and annoyed me was in the first shot; with the pandown/pull ('bout 11 sec in) there's a "bump" and it looks like a focus miss. It's really quick, of course, but it did grab my eye while watching, and it being the first shot... kind of distracting.
Aside from that really good work. There was a quick hair (i think) in the shot of the monks walking down the stairs for what looked like a frame; might be worth it to pain it out in After Effects?

I know what you mean about that first shot - its not perfect! Its really hard to start a reel - I can't believe that a reel with 35mm and Super 16 in, I end up opening on a DSLR shot!

#7 Andy_Alderslade

Andy_Alderslade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London, UK

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Time well spent Andy! Really VERY impressive.

The worst shot I could find is the girl on the telephone and you buried it well enough in the reel I'm not sure anyone would notice. ;)

The framing in the scene with the girl and the sofas and the blue pringles can is slightly off too but I'm not sure if I don't actually like it that way, as it perhaps helps it feel more chaotic even!

On the whole it's preety amazing and I'm trying hard to be pernikity and nasty because you asked me to! ;)

Quite frankly it's better than a lot of the stuff I have to endure on TV!

WELL DONE ANDY! :)

love

Freya

Ha, thanks Freya! Not to sure what you mean by 'blue pringles'?

How's life with you?

Cheers Andy

#8 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Ha, thanks Freya! Not too sure what you mean by 'blue pringles'?

How's life with you?

Cheers Andy

I mean the can of pringles is blue! :)

Sorry I'm a bit behined on my postings! ;)

Things are going great actually. I lost about 5 years of my life, from the tail end of 2006, although it's surprising some of the things I managed to achieve in spite of everything that happened to me. I was quite a serious mess for some time and my entire life was laid waste to. That whole period in my life is over now and I'm just starting to come out the other side so it's very exciting! :)

"It was a beautiful experience in a way. When you're down, when you've been kicked down in the street and then kicked a few more times until you're bleeding and your teeth are out, then you only have up to go. You get reborn again, and expectations aren't so great because they've taken you away. It's beautiful to be down there. It's so beautiful!" -David Lynch

It's a very powerful place to be too! :)

love

Freya

Edited by Freya Black, 17 March 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Technodolly

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks